Ken Arthur graduated from Michigan College of Mining & Technology in 1961 with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering. Ken joined Oneto and Puhl Engineering in 1972 as a Lead Project Engineer. John Puhl retired in 1978 and the name of the firm was changed to Oneto and Arthur Engineering.
The company continued to prosper by providing design services to an increasing list of clients. In 1986, Chuck Arthur joined Oneto and Arthur Engineering to work alongside his father. Chuck graduated from California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering in 1986 and became a licensed P.E. in California in 1989 and in Washington in 1994. Oneto and Arthur Engineering became a California Corporation in 1986. Jack Oneto retired in 1988 and the firm name was changed to Arthur Engineering, Inc.
Stephen Hopkins joined the firm in 2001. Stephen graduated from San Francisco State University with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering in 1999 and obtained his P.E. license in 2004 and became a principal engineer with the firm. He became part owner in 2019.
After 47 years of leadership with the company, Ken Arthur retired in 2019.
Today our corporate office is located in Elk Grove, CA. With Chuck Arthur as the President and Stephen Hopkins as the Vice-President, Arthur Engineering continues to effectively engineer large and small electrical systems for many different clients. In our 50 years of electrical and control systems design we have witnessed the rapid evolution of the electrical industry. We are actively involved in industry organizations and manufacturers' seminars to keep current on the latest technologies. By using this experience we can provide quality designs for new state-of-the-art facilities, as well as upgrading existing installations to incorporate new equipment.
- American Society for Enology and Viticulture (ASEV)
- Association for Facilities Engineering (AFE)
- California League of Food Producers (CLFP)
- Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- IEEE - Power & Energy Society (IEEE-PES)
- InterNational Electrical Testing Association (NETA)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
Licenses & Certifications
- Charles R. Arthur - California #E12976
- Stephen Hopkins - California #E17449
- Charles R. Arthur - Washington #31036